Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Statement for Christ

The following statement was in a note found in the office of a young pastor in Zimbabwe following his martyrdom for his faith in Jesus Christ. It was published in the book The Signature of Jesus by Brennan Manning. I have worked to live this way and pray that each Christian would strive for the same.


Fellowship of the Unashamed:

I’m part of the following of the unashamed.

I have the Holy Spirit power

The die has been cast.

I have stepped over the line.

The decision has been made-I’m a disciple of His.

I will not look back, let up, slow down or be still.

My past is redeemed; my present makes sense; my future is secure.

I’m vanished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity.

I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.

I now live by faith, lean in His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and I labor with power.

My face is set; my gait is fast, my goal is heaven; my road is narrow; my way rough, my companions are few; my Guide reliable; my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, and preached up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus.

I must go ‘till He comes; give ‘till I drop, speak ‘till all know and work ‘till He stops me.

And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me…my banner will be clear.

No comments: